Anne of Green Gables Week: Kickoff Tag

http://sullivanmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/anne-of-green-gables-film-1-600x400.jpg



     Miss Evie of  Over the Hills is hosting Anne of Green Gables Week, and, as a huge Anne fan, I am thrilled about it!


 Here are my answers to her kickoff tag:

1. How did you get introduced to Anne of Green Gables?

     My mom has loved the series since she was in jr. high, so I kinda grew up with it.  She read the books to my sisters and me, and we all loved the movies together.
Image result for anne shirley megan follows

 2. Are you more like Anne or Diana?  Why?

  Definitely Anne.  I am very imaginative, and just like with her that sometimes gets me into trouble.  When Anne forgets to put the cloth over the pudding sauce because she was distracted by her imaginings...yeah, that would be exactly the kind of thing I would do.  I tend to cause other people to laugh at my expense.  I am stubborn and sometimes quite silly.  I could go on and on.  So, yes, I am Anne.  (If only I had red hair and freckles!)

3. If Rachel Lynde called your hair as red as carrots, how would you react?
     Probably not as angrily as Anne.  I like red hair :)

4. Gilbert or Morgan Harris?
      Gil, of course <3  This is one of my favorite scenes.

Related image

5. Honest opinion on the third Anne film.
      I suppose it was alright.  I love Anne, and she never changes.  I cried more in this one, but I wish it had been more true to the books.

6. Have you seen the new Anne film?
      There's a new one?  I was not aware.  Somehow.

7. What, in your own words, is a Kindred Spirit?

Image result for anne and diana

      A Kindred Spirit is one who  shares similar thoughts and opinions with you, and more than that, I think.  I mean, a Kindred Spirit isn't just any friend.  They are sympathetic to the human plight, like Miss Stacy, right?  They are bosom friends, like Diana...people who can more than relate to you, but have the same feelings and thoughts.  Or maybe they are so opposite you that they attract.  I would say it can't be limited to one definition.  There are many different kinds of Kindred Spirits.  (I have no idea if that sounds right at all, but I'm going with it.)


8. Movie Gilbert or Green Gables Fables Gilbert?
      Movie Gilbert.  (I have never seen GGF.)

9. Does anyone know where we can watch Road to Avonlea online?
      Sorry, no :/

10. Favorite book cover?
 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cd/b4/c1/cdb4c1765df10f03babe5db951df57b5.jpg  
I think this one is a charming little cover.

11. The films or the books?
       As much as I LOVE the movies, I have to slightly prefer the books.  There's a lot in the movies, but there's so much more in the books.  Those are some of my favorite books ever, which are probably due for a third read sometime in the near future.  (Some books just deserve to be read three times, right?) 

Check out Miss Evie's blog for more Anne every day for a week. 

Comments

  1. Great answers! I love the cover you pasted. :-) I love your answer to the Kindred Spirit question. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we posted the same book cover! Could it be we're kindred spirits? ;-)

    Actually, I very much liked your definition of kindred spirits. It's very well-thought-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps we are kindred spirits, then. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, lovely answers Miss Elanor! What a delight this tag was...glad to have discovered a fellow Anne of Green Gables and Jane Austen Fan! {{Smiles}}
    Happy Monday!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recommended Posts

Tolkien Week Tag

AMA Answers | Part 1

The One Where I Do Period Hairstyles On My Sister