Moving On

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/db/da/1ddbda62c14512af4d8b6a6cf726d13c.jpg

 Life can be confusing from day to day.  Trust me.  Read my journal sometime and check out how crazy things in my life get often enough.  The past few months since my family moved to a new town have been...different.  But I think it's all going to work out.  No, sorry - I KNOW it's all going to work out.  God must be growing me through this in some way.  At least, that's what happened the last time my family moved (three years ago).

 Leaving everything you're familiar with to start over in a new place is nothing if not unnerving.  And then, once it seems like you're finally settled there, you have to pick up and move again?  No, it's far from fun. 

 But I have been continually reminding myself to trust in God's plan.  Sometimes I fail.  I miss my old home and bedroom and dance studio and friends.  In those moments, it's time to count my blessings. 

 How about the new friends I have made here?  Making new friends is one thing every single person who's ever moved away has worried about - even if they don't admit it.  I have been lucky to get quickly involved in an outgoing youth group at my new church which really eased the effects of the move.

 Oh, and what about all of the city shopping availability?  That's certainly a plus, since I moved from a small, antique-hotspot town located at least half an hour away in each direction from name brand stores.

 Sure, there are plenty of things that are less than ideal.  It is still going to take time to settle in completely.  Yet I am still trying to look on the bright side of things, knowing that by the time we've been here a year, it will seem more like home.  Like I said, there are days when I fail miserably and I lose myself complaining.  (I'll just admit it.)  However, in the words of Anne Shirley, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."  And how true that is, when I really think about it.

Comments

Recommended Posts

Tolkien Week Tag

AMA Answers | Part 1

The One Where I Do Period Hairstyles On My Sister