Monday, November 14, 2016

November Life

 Hello, everyone!  As you've probably noticed by now, it is November.  It is currently a chilling 46 degrees here, which, for November, is actually not horrible.  (We could have a few inches of snow by now as we've had in the past.)

  So, yes, for me, November means breaking out the hot cocoa and tea and fleecy blankets, plus all the other things I love about fall - except that the trees are pretty much bare now.  

 For today's little post, I decided to share with you the things I am loving this month.


What I'm Reading...
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 

Image result for the book thief cover

 This is the book I am currently reading.  It is intriguing so far, but I am also trying to read things for school on top of that. In school, I am reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by Shakespeare (and loving it!) and writing a research paper on Elizabeth I for my British Literature  class.  I am also reading [in addition to my main history bok] The Victor of Salamis by William S. Davis for my Greek History class.  It is all very interesting, but it does rather distract me from my pleasure book.  I should have more time to read it once we break for Christmas in a few weeks.


What I'm Watching...
 Elementary on CBS

Image result for elementary season 5
 I've been watching the modern day New York version of Sherlock Holmes on TV every Sunday night for the past few weeks.  It is season five of Elementary, which stars Jonny Lee Miller (Mr. Knightley <3) as Sherlock Holmes.  It is quite an intense detective show, but I enjoy watching it since I love every other Sherlock Holmes adaptation.  Plus, Watson (Lucy Liu - yes, Watson is a girl in this show) has a fabulous wardrobe.


What I'm Scented...
Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath & Body Works
Image result for warm vanilla sugar
 I was not quite sure how to phrase this one...perhaps it sounds kind of weird.  But, anyhow, I have been using my Warm Vanilla Sugar mist almost every day for the month of November.  It is such a cozy scent and I just absolutely love it.  I highly recommend this scent for any and all occasions.  It is just so versatile.  I mean, I love it for the fall, but it works well all year round.

What I'm Brainstorming...
Ideas for Christmas presents

Image result for christmas sewing machine

 Right now, that nagging question at the back of my mind is "What are you giving your sisters for Christmas?"  The answer right now: "I have no idea."  Thanks to Google and Pinterest, I am hoping to stumble across an idea I love soon.


What I'm Excited For...

Image result for the holidays are coming

 Next week is Thanksgiving here in the US and that is when the Holiday Season officially begins.  It truly is 'the most wonderful time of the year', and I am so looking forward to it.  This season always puts me in a happy mood and makes me forget about the less-than-happy days of the past year.  Sure, it is a crazy busy time, but it is also so so so wonderful, too!


 If you want, leave a comment below telling me what you're reading and watching, what your favorite fall scent is, and/or what you're excited for.  Aren't we all excited for the upcoming Christmas season? :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for ROUGE ONE!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars, too! I have a feeling it's going to be good :)

      Delete