I ❤️ Austen Week Tag
1. Which did you experience first, a Jane Austen book or a movie based on one?
I read Sense and Sensibility, first. The only movie I watched before I read its book was Persuasion.
2. What is your favorite Austen book?
That's a hard one because they are all so good... I have to say Emma though.
3. Favorite heroine? Why do you like her best?
That's even harder! I love Elizabeth Bennet; she is such a witty, likable gal. I feel like I relate most to Elinor Dashwood, honestly. But I totally could be best friends with Emma Woodhouse! I really have a reason to pick any of the 7 main heroines, but if I have to pick a favorite...I'll go with Emma Woodhouse.
4. Favorite hero? Why do you like him best?
Mr. Knightley. Hands down. No question. He is my absolute favorite ever. Ever. I love his gentlemanly sweetness, his unconditional love and loyalty to his lady, and his way of conversing with his own sense of humor. He is just such a charming gentleman in his own way. Perhaps he is not so dashing and proud as Mr. Darcy, but it's his genuine down-to-earth-ness that I like. (I could probably write a whole book about Mr. Knightley and all his greatness.)
5. Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Austen's work?
Emma (2009) followed closely by Pride & Prejudice (1995). For my complete ranking, check out this post here.
6. Have your Austen tastes changed over the years? (Did you start out liking one story best, but now like another better? Did you think she was boring at first, then changed your mind? Etc.)
Never thought she was boring. No, I loved Jane Austen from the start. However, some of my tastes have changed. I actually used to like Mr. Darcy best of her heroes, but now, while I still love Darcy, Mr. Knightley has clearly won my heart. I have also come to appreciate some of the minor characters, which will be seen in a few posts I have upcoming.
7. Do you have any cool Austen-themed things (mugs, t-shirts, etc.)?
Um...where do I begin? First, my purple t-shirt, which I am actually wearing today (shown above). It is awesome! If you can't read it, it has the words of Mr. Darcy's famous proposal on it and a silhouette of Jane Austen's cameo. I have two pins, which are pinned to the front of my purse: one is Pride and Prejudice and the other is I 💗 Darcy. I have a Jane Austen coloring book. I have a necklace which is a pink Emma book on a chain (which I also put on for the sake of this as shown above). And one of my new favorite things is this Miss Bennet's Brew exclusive Jane Austen tea. It is a-maze-ing! I think that is it, though.
8. If you could ask Jane Austen one question, what would you ask her?
It's too hard! I have a year's worth of questions I'd like to ask her! How can I narrow it down to just one??? Let me think about it.
9. Imagine someone is making a new film of any Jane Austen story you choose, and you get to cast the leads. What story do you want filmed, and who would you choose to act in it?
|Jenna Coleman, Juno Temple, & Hayley Atwell|
10. Share up to five favorite Jane Austen quotations.
So that's that. Thanks for the fun tag, Hamlette! You had some great questions. :-)
Most of the other bloggers I know have already signed up to participate, so I only have one person to tag here, and that would be Kelly-Anne @ The Diary of a Country Girl.