A Lovely Day


     I wasn't going to post again until next week sometime, but I had such an enjoyable day yesterday that I couldn't resist the opportunity to write about it.  Maybe it was cold and cloudy, but my family brought out the best of Friday.

     We went ice skating in the late morning/early afternoon.  It was such fun!  My sisters and I had a blast circling the ice and laughing.  There's just something about gliding over the ice that inexplicably makes your heart soar, you know?  Afterward, we went out and enjoyed a late lunch at one of our favorite places to eat.  We sat by the warm fireplace in the cafe and simply talked and ate together.  When lunch was done, we took a drive.  Just a drive.  We weren't going anywhere in particular, but instead took the liberty of driving along the wide, swollen river.  It was quite relaxing.  Honestly, yesterday was one of the best family days ever.

     And then, for the icing on the cake, the new Beauty and the Beast soundtrack was released yesterday, too, so I listened to that when I got home.  Wow.  (Am I the only one who got goosies?)  Suffice it to say, I love it.  Like, a lot.   "How Does A Moment Last Forever" brought tears to my eyes.  And I'm pretty much addicted to it now.  

     Now, I intend to enjoy my Saturday, as well.  I don't usually watch movies in the morning, but I'm in a Cinderella mood, so here I go.  Have a lovely day, dears!

     How was your Friday?  What do you all think of the new Beauty and the Beast soundtrack? 

Comments

  1. Aww. Sounds like you had a most delightful day indeed. *happy sigh* Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

    I've never actually gone ice skating. I can imagine it being a lovely sort of feeling, though...provided I could stay on my feet, that is. ;)

    I hope you've been having a good Saturday as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss March :)

      And you should try ice skating sometime -- it's very hard not to love it, even if you get a few bruises the first time :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lovely day! I haven't been ice skating at all this past winter. The time simply slipped away!
    Oh, I cannot wait to hear the music. I have held off listening until I can see the movie itself, which has proved to be quite the temptation to resist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't bother trying to resist the temptation. Of course, I have seen the movie now, so it doesn't matter as much:)

      Delete
  3. Ice skating is truely marvolous! That does sound like you have a perfectly splended day!
    My little sister is also addicted to "How Can a Moment Last Forever." She is trying to learn to play it on the piano so I have heard it about a hundred times. Note, I'm not complaining! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so cool! My sister plays The Phantom of the Opera songs and Moulin Rouge all. the. time. it seems. I wish she'd play Beauty and the Beast for a change;D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Recommended Posts

Susan Price | An Appreciation Post

Reflection | God's Guidance

Tolkien Week Tag