Friday, May 05, 2017

The Book Tag


     MovieCritic has tagged me with the Book Tag, and I haven't done a tag in a while so this should be fun. :-)  Thank you, MovieCritic.  Now, onto the questions...

1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?

     Not sure which one, but I have had my American Girl books longer than all of the others currently on my shelf.

2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?

     I've been reading more than one book at a time for a while.  Currently, reading The Beautiful Pretender by Melanie Dickerson, since I just finished The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest.  Also, reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.  I would like to read Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard and Bleak House by Charles Dickens next.

3. What book did everyone like but you hated?

     I didn't necessarily hate it, but The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak.  I heard so much about how good it was from more than one person, but it just wasn't for me.


4. What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?

     Ummm...well, honestly, I read the books I want to read. 

5. What book are you saving for retirement?

     I'm not saving any.  Why would I wait to read something when I want to read it now.  I'm sure there will be lots of new books to read by the time I get there. ...I guess I could say The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, since I would like to read it, but it's kind of at the end of my list.

6. Last page: read it first or wait 'til the end?

     Is that even a question?  Wait until the end, of course! :P



7. Acknowledgements: waste of paper and ink or interesting aside?

     I don't think it's a waste of paper because I find it to be a nice sentiment.  However, I rarely ever read them, so I can't call it an interesting aside either.

8. Which book character would you switch places with?

     I'm sure you all expect it, but I must be honest: Emma Woodhouse.

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?

     Well, not that I can think of at the moment...


10. Name a book you acquired in an interesting way.

     Oh, when I was thirteen, the church I was attending at the time was cleaning out their library and I took Shadows of the Canyon by Tracie Peterson from one of the boxes.  (I asked first, don't worry. :-)

11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

     I have given plenty of books to my younger sisters when I've outgrown them.  There's nothing really special about that, but I haven't given books away to anyone else.

12. Which book has been with you most places?

     Emma has been to summer camp and Puerto Rico...both The Fairest Beauty and The Captive Maiden have been to several states.  (Of course, all the books on my Kindle App have been basically everywhere I have, but I didn't think I could count those. ;-)


13. Any required reading you hated in high school that wasn't so bad later?

     Nope.  All of the required reading that I have disliked, I still dislike.  (Ahem, Robinson Crusoe.)

 14. Used or brand new?

     There's something about opening a fresh, unused book that just cannot be topped.

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

     Never heard of him.


16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

     Rarely.  There are movies that are as good as the book, but not better.

17. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks included?

     All of the Pioneer Woman cookbooks make me hungry, yes.

18. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

     My mom's.  She has a very similar taste in books, so I know her recommendations will be books I will love.


     Now, let's see...four people to tagged.  I don't know who has already been tagged by Olivia, but I have four random people:
1. Rachel
2. Abby P.
3. Kelly-Anne
4. Miss March

    Thanks again, MovieCritic for the fun tag!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it! I liked reading your answers! :)

    I love Charles Dickens's books, but I have not read Bleak House! I should try it.

    Don't save The Hobbit for too long! It is very, very, very great!!!!!

    The Last Page question, I would not have even thought of that as a question! :)

    If you switched with Emma I would want to switch places with Harriet, because I could be your best friend. :)

    I have never tried Robinson Crusoe, but my dad (who usually likes the same things as I do.) could not get through it.

    That Book vs. Movie picture! Oh yes, I agree with that! It is why I have a blog. :)

    Nice answers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw! That's sweet of you to say. We'd make a great pair as Emma & Harriet! Lol;D

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty post. I love your choice of pictures. (That Book/Movie picture made me smile. :))

    Oh, Bleak House. I started that one once but never finished it. It's still on my mental "to-read" list, but I never seem to get around to it. One of these days...

    Thank you so much for tagging me!! Hamlette tagged me for this, too, several weeks ago, so now you've given me double incentive to fill this one out. I'll see what I can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss March!:)

      I have wanted to read Bleak House for a while because it is my FAVORITE series based on a Charles Dickens book. I like so many others, but none more than Bleak House. I'm interested in finding out how much more is in the book that the series left out.

      I would certainly be interested in reading your answers, but no pressure!:)

      Delete