Cordy's Jane Austen Would You Rather


     I discovered this lovely game of would you rather -- Austen style -- over on Cordy's blog, Write On, Cordy!  I'm so excited to play, so let's get to it!

 1. Would you rather summer at Abbey Mill Farm with the Martins or spend the winter in London with your aunt and uncle?

     London.  I'm definitely more of a hustle-'n'-bustle-loving city girl.  I think visiting the Martins' farm would be pleasant, of course, but I wouldn't spend an entire summer there.
 
2. Would you rather be carried away in the moment and insult someone in company or be overcome by horrid imaginings and have to confess your thoughts to someone you admire?


     I suppose, if I have to choose, I would rather embarrass myself than insult someone in public. 
 
3. Would you rather marry Mr. Bingley or Robert Martin?


     Probably Mr. Bingley.  He seems like such a fun guy.  Robert Martin, as nice as I'm sure he is, seems too serious for me.  (Not that that's a bad thing.)


4. Would you rather tour the lake country or visit the seaside?

      The seaside, definitely!  I am so in love with the seaside.
 
5. Would you rather entertain Miss Bates or Mr. Collins in conversations?


      Oh, Miss Bates, to be sure!  She may talk as incessantly as Mr. Collins, but at least she's a kind and well-meaning woman.  Mr. Collins can be so annoying.
 
6. Would you rather sing a musical piece at a gathering while hiccuping every other line or take a great tumble while dancing?


     Oh, dear.  I suppose I'd prefer...I don't know!  Goodness, I'd be embarrassed either way.  I'll go with the hiccups while singing, though.  I might be able to work with that.  I'd hate to fall in the middle of a dance and appear clumsy!


7. Would you rather be deceived by Willoughby or Wickham?

     I have to say Willoughby.  He never seemed so spiteful and vindictive as Mr. Wickham.  At least, to me.
 
8. Would you rather fall head over heels in love with a man who turns out to be engaged or fall for a man too busy loving someone else to notice you?


     The former.  At least that way he made the engagement before he fell in love with me, rather than making me feel like a fallback after publicly displaying affection for someone else.  If that makes sense.  Pretty much what Cordy said.
 
9. Would you rather ride in a carriage or upon a horse to an evening party?


     In a carriage.  I wouldn't want to soil my dress, now would I? ;-)

 
10. Would you rather accept advice from Mrs. Weston or Elinor Dashwood?

     Oh, I don't know...either one would be fine.  Perhaps Mrs. Weston because she's not so blunt as Elinor.
 
11. Would you rather have as a companion Jane Fairfax or Charlotte Lucas?


     Jane Farifax.  I definitely have more of a soft spot for her.  

   Thanks for the fun game, Cordy! :-)

Comments

  1. I love your answers Elanor!

    Mr. Bingley or Mr. Martin, that was such a hard choice for me. I guess choosing Mr. Martin proves once again how I am Harriet and you are Emma. :)

    Talking to Miss Bates would be so much easier than Mr. Collins. :)

    I have always liked Jane over Charlotte.

    Again, I loved reading what you had to say! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I should visit London with you so I might have a better time. As I'm not much of a city girl I would love spending time with one.

    I'm finding the seaside to be the popular choice. I don't think I've seen anyone answer with the lake country. Haha. As an ocean lover myself, I HAD to choose the sea!! :D

    I never thought of the appearing clumsy bit. Oh, bother! But even still, I'd be terrified to singing and sounding even worse with the hiccups would be more than I could bear!

    Thanks for playing, Elanor! I'm glad you had a fun time!

    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a fun game!

    I think I would have to choose Mr. Bingley, too. He's just so sweet and cheerful!

    I don't know if I could easily choose between visiting the lake country or the seaside; both would be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recommended Posts

Tolkien Week Tag

AMA Answers | Part 1

The One Where I Do Period Hairstyles On My Sister