Friday, July 07, 2017

Fictional Characters Tag

     Hello, everybody!  Lovely Friday, is it not?  I am about three chapters away from finishing A Spy's Devotion, which is a regency romance that I have been reading for the past few days.  I plan to finish it tonight after I post this.  I also have to finish my list of period dramas I haven't seen and need want to.  In other news, my youngest sister has been away at camp this week, but she comes home tomorrow and I am quite glad.  I have missed her.  
     And, goodness, I'll be lucky if I actually get this post up tonight.  The WiFi here has been awful the past couple days.   (I just heard Meg March in my head, "Jo, please don't say 'awful'; it's slang.")
     Oh, dear.  My apologies for the rambling.  MovieCritic tagged me with this a good while ago and I am finally getting around to it.  If you don't know, this is me comparing myself to four fictional characters that I find to be...like myself in certain ways.  That's not the best explanation, I know.  So, without further ado, I give you The Fictional Characters Tag.

1. Belle

     Cinderella is by far my favorite princess, but I do think I am more like Belle in plenty of ways.  For one thing, I LOVE books.  Good books.  That's obvious, right?  For another, I feel like a lot of people around me think I am 'odd'.  I'm a bit preoccupied and daydream-y from time to time.  And I just don't seem to fit in with most cliques.  Finally, everytime I hear Belle sing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...I want so much more..." etc., my heart sings out "Me too!".

2. Anne Shirley


     I believe I have compared myself to Anne before.  But let's rehash.  I am constantly doing something awkward or making a goofy mistake because I was lost in thought, not paying attention, or simply not thinking.  I am a bit of a hopeless romantic, too.  (I say 'a bit'  but, okay, I just am a hopeless romantic.)  I also tend to be rather idealistic, and some day I think I'll find, just like Anne, that what I was really looking for was right in front of me the whole time.  Maybe.

3. Elinor Dashwood


     This likeness I discovered through an online quiz and couldn't help but agree.  Perhaps I am romantic and 'daydream-y', as I said, but I can be sensible and careful, too, when it is really important.  I have also been known to mother-hen everybody, being overly concerned about others.  I'm also fairly reserved and quiet when it comes to my thoughts and feelings.

Yes, I may have thoughts and feelings like Anne, but I do not wear them on my sleeve as she does.

 4. Meriadoc Brandybuck


     Here's the most surprising one, I am sure, but as I was considering my fourth choice, he came to mind and the more I thought about it...yeah.   See, Merry and I are both kind of in the background a lot, but we can be loyal and courageous, too.  It may not be obvious at first, but he and I both have what it takes to be a hero (or heroine, in my case).  And like him, I may be underestimated because I am short, but I am passionate about what I believe in.

     So there you have it.  Four fictional characters I really relate to.  I hope I proved my case satisfactorily ;-)  Thanks for the tag, MovieCritic.
     Speaking of her, MovieCritic is actually hosting the Robin Hood BBC watch-along that is going on right now.  Be sure to hop over to her blog and join in the fun!

    Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there are a lot of movies I claim I need to see, where I actually just want them.

    Yes, I just (MC, you can't claim that, it's been a week) got back from camp too, and this week has been so crazy!

    Oh yay! You did the tag!
    Oh yes, Belle is very relatable. I used to not be sure who my favorite Disney princess was, but I am pretty sure now that Belle is my favorite. :)

    Anne, I love her. I love how imaginitive (like you!) she is!

    Hey, I took a quiz and it says I am Elinor too! I tend to mother-hen a lot, even though no one listens to me when I do, which is just as well. :)

    Merry! Oh, I really do like Merry! "I may be underestimated because I am short, but I am passionate about what I believe in." That is so cool!!!!!

    Aw, thanks for the mention of my watch-along! It is really sweet of you!

    Have a lovely weekend Elanor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MovieCritic. I was glad to do the tag. It was fun. (Though I was sort of conflicted writing so much about myself. I tried not to overdo it! Lol)

      And of course, I was happy to mention it.

      Delete
  2. Love this! Great choice of characters, Elinor. Sorry I don't have time for a longer more detailed comment, but just know that I enjoyed this post very much indeed! <3

    Oh! And I just noticed your header. IT'S SO PRETTY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Miss March. I'm glad you're back on Blogger:)

      And thanks! I thought it was time for a new header and one with a bit more color this time. So I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. P.S. Sorry if you just received multiple comments from me. The internet connection was acting up and I wasn't sure if the first one went through. You hereby have my permission to delete any unnecessary comments--this one included. :) Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I actually didn't receive more than one of the same ;-)

      Delete